New Jersey Vegan Events and Festival Info
Everyone is welcome at NJveg events: vegan, vegetarian, or veg-curious! Our events are open to the public, except when noted as members only.
Please check your email on the day of the event for the possibility of cancellation. If you’re not on our mailing list, you can sign up here. If you use Google Calendars, add NJveg.email@example.com to see our events.
NJveg upcoming events:
*** POSTPONED *** 5-course Gourmet Vegan Meal Catered by Lady and the Shallot
[We plan to reschedule as soon as possible. Ticket purchasers will receive a full refund soon.]
Sunday April 19, 1pm
Trenton Farmers Market, 960 Spruce St, Trenton, NJ 08648
*** POSTPONED *** Earth Day Potluck & Cleanup
Saturday & Sunday, April 25 & 26, 10am-6pm
Conant Park, 383 Conant St, Hillside NJ 07205
Co-hosted with Vegan in NJ, New Jersey Climate Save Movement, New Jersey HipHop is Green, and Newark Animal Save. Join us for a vegan potluck and park clean up! Feel free to come both days or just one. We will work in shifts, so feel free to do one or two shifts!
10am to 1pm – clean up, shift 1; 1pm to 3pm – break for lunch; 3pm to 6pm – clean up, shift 2
More information coming soon! https://www.facebook.com/events/702642953635188/
Volunteer Work Days at Goats of Anarchy
[GoA has suspended volunteer days due to COVID-19, but we’re optimistically hoping they’ll be able to resume by 5/30]
Saturday May 30 & Saturday June 6, 10:30am-12:30pm
Hampton NJ 08827
NJveg has scheduled 2 spring volunteer work days at Goats of Anarchy (followed by a lunch outing at Grounded for Life Cafe in Clinton on 5/30 and Eureka Plant Based Foods in Philipsburg on 6/6)! See below for details. As the sanctuary relies on volunteers and has a set work time, please be ready to commit to this, rain or shine!
Space is limited. Please RSVP (required) to NJveg.org/rsvp, NJveg.firstname.lastname@example.org, or 609-557-7077 (text/voice).
GOA is an award-winning, vegan sanctuary for special-needs baby goats (along with other animal friends that we just have to help). We are a registered charity (501c3) and all tax deductible donations go towards vet fees, food, shelter and prosthetics for the baby goats.
Volunteer time begins at 10:30am and ends at 12:30pm sharp on Saturdays only. The farm closes promptly at 1pm. Make sure you take all your belongings and get all your ‘selfies’ taken with the goats by that time. Limit of 10 people. We fully rely on the time you are willing to volunteer for GOA. If you need to cancel, please give us ample time to fill your spot for that day.
There are lots of different tasks like cleaning and refilling water buckets, ‘mucking’ the goat pools and stalls, cleaning out the pigs, horses, donkey, pony stalls and the chicken coops. And of course, a little fun sprinkled in there when the goats try to play with you! From time to time there are other projects that you may be asked to accomplish as well. Our resident caretakers will assist with cleaning assignments upon your arrival and you will be asked to complete and sign a Waiver Agreement. This is a dirty job! Prepare to work hard! Please keep in mind that all volunteers are required to be 18 or older. We do not provide visits or tours to GOA.
Lunch at Grounded for Life Cafe
Saturday May 30, 1:15pm
20 Leigh St (Rear Building), Clinton, NJ 08809
Join NJveg for a post-volunteer work day lunch (you’re welcome to join us even if you were not able to volunteer!) at this vegetarian restaurant with vegan options! View menu.
Please RSVP (required) by 5/28 to NJveg.org/rsvp, NJveg.email@example.com, or 609-557-7077 (text/voice).
Lunch at Eureka Plant Based Foods
Saturday June 6, 1:30pm
2396 S Main St, 1st Floor, Philipsburg NJ 08865
Join NJveg for a post-volunteer work day lunch (you’re welcome to join us even if you were not able to volunteer!) at this vegan deli! View menu.
Please RSVP (required) by 6/4 to NJveg.org/rsvp, NJveg.firstname.lastname@example.org, or 609-557-7077 (text/voice).
Additional events planned or in the works (venue suggestions needed):
- Vegan Potluck (with Vegan in NJ) in Neptune
- Vegan Thali in East Windsor
- Lunch at The Baklava Lady, Englishtown
- Educational outreach (volunteers needed) *** Please note: at this point, we’re not sure if these events will be held. *** – possibilities for spring 2020 are:
- Raritan Street Fair (Saturday 5/9, 11-5)
- Asbury Park Alive! (Saturday 5/16, 11-5)
- Woodbridge Street Fair (Saturday 5/16, 1-5)
- Metuchen Street Fair (Sunday 5/17, 11-5)
- Jersey Pride Festival, Asbury Park (Sunday 6/7, 12-7)
- Somerville Street Fair (Sunday 6/7, 11-5)
- Bordentown City Green Fair (Saturday 6/13, 10-3)
- Westfield Street Fair (Saturday 6/13, 11-5)
- Hightstown Fun Fridays (3rd Fridays, June-Sept, 5pm-8pm)
- Northeast NJ opportunities: NJveg has been invited to have a free table at the Ramsey Farmer’s Market’s Vegan Corner the first Sunday of each month. We also have the opportunity for a table at the West Orange Farmer’s Market.
- Volunteer work days
- Potlucks (and game parties)
- Vegan bake sale to benefit an animal rescue or sanctuary
- Catered gourmet vegan meals
- Rowan College Burlington County Culinary Arts Center, Mt Holly (Fall 2020)
- More, TBD
- Historic tour/hike or walk/other activity and lunch/dinner
- The first Trenton Vegan Fest!
Please let us know what you’re interested in. Contact us at NJveg.email@example.com or 609-557-7077 (text/voice).
View our previous events here.
Below you will find our Facebook events calendar.
You may click on the events to RSVP. We are sharing events all around the state of New Jersey.